Big Sea, a digital marketing agency and full-service HubSpot partner, is looking for a Web Developer to join our team in beautiful downtown St. Petersburg. Our ideal candidate has a keen understanding of WordPress and is passionate about good development and best practices. Working with your cross-functional team, you’ll be responsible for the creation, maintenance and constant improvement of your clients’ websites, emails and landing pages.
We are seeking an experienced, enthusiastic, intelligent, and detail-oriented website developer with the capability to handle multiple projects simultaneously without buckling under pressure. Experience with building WordPress-based websites from the ground up is required, utilizing custom HTML/CSS and not just builders and plugins. Must know GIT and versioning best practices, understand responsive design, and browser debugging.
You’ll help execute comprehensive digital strategies for our clients, utilizing HubSpot and WordPress as your primary tools. Your clients may range from marketing-focused websites, eCommerce, loyalty/crm to apps and more.
- Contribute and/or lead development on multiple projects in an agile environment
- Collaborate with designers, copywriters and account managers to come up with creative solutions and complete development projects from ideation to completion.
- Assures that web content supports marketing strategies, including SEO and SEM optimization.
- Makes recommendations to optimize online opportunities, strategizing all online options and solutions.
- Estimate level of effort and time to complete development of client projects, tasks, and designs
- Contribute and/or lead technical solutions and requirements definitions
- Troubleshoot and resolve cross-platform/browser issues, performance optimization, and other aspects of managing cloud web server platforms
- Solve problems by contributing to analysis and development of technical solutions
- Integrate third-party platforms into WordPress-based websites via API development and other methods while adhering to best practices
- Interface with your team to discuss and incorporate new innovations
- Able to create site frameworks and programming code for new websites.
- Strong experience with Responsive Web Design (RWD)
- Proficient knowledge of version control software such as Git
- Understanding of how to provide end-to-end effort estimate for complete projects
- Experience developing email templates
- Basic understanding of marketing aspects of development, like schema markup, conversion rate optimization and technical SEO
- Adept understanding of how to connect with third party API services
- Able to smoothly and efficiently work against tight deadlines and manage multiple work streams simultaneously
- Able to keep marketing team and direct supervisor informed of key milestones and project status
- Able to take and follow direction, receive feedback and apply that feedback to other tasks
We’ll see it as a bonus if you have…
- Proficiency in the Git flow methodology
- Published your own themes or plugins to WordPress.org
- Experience in any of the following: WPEngine, Google (Analytics, Tag Manager, Optimize, Search Console), heat tracking (CrazyEgg or HotJar), CampaignMonitor, HubSpot, Shopify
- Fully-paid health, vision, dental, and short term disability insurance
- PTO and paid holidays (woot!)
- Creative, fun work environment in downtown St. Petersburg
- Awesome people doing awesome work and having a lot of fun
- Pet-friendly office with free snacks and drinks
- Fun Fridays and frequent company-organized events
Embrace Core Values
- Open & honest, always - Early, often and even when it’s difficult.
- Own it - Be invested in your work & understand the “why.” Be passionate, and strive to continually improve our industry.
- Smile - Foster enthusiasm and fun, while remaining professional. Be relaxed; work without fear of mistakes.
- Elevate & educate - Teach, share, learn, and contribute. Be positive and collaborative, this is a team sport!
- Think long-term - Consider future ramifications of all choices.
- It’s all personal - Be approachable, reliable and act in a manner that is welcoming to our clients, to your colleagues, and to our community.